Copyright © my Wide White Wall
Design by Dzignine
Tuesday, June 04, 2013

MY CARNIVOROUS ISLAND


"No one has seen that island since, and you'd never read about those trees in any book. And yet, if I hadn't found those shores I would have died, if I hadn't discovered that tooth I would have been lost alone forever. Even when God seemed to have abandoned me, he was watching. Even when He seemed indifferent to my suffering, He was watching and when I was beyond all hope of saving... He gave me rest and gave me a sign to continue my journey...."-- Pi Patel, Life of Pi

                 I was once told that God gives us burdens in life because He knows too well that we can triumph over them. And that the heavier the cross you carry, the stronger person you are. So when you feel life’s beating you so hard, it only means He trusts you that much.
            There are times when it seems like He just keeps on presenting us one adversity after another, testing the limits of our faith and pushing us beyond our fortitude. And as humans, it is not easy not to lose hope, not to waver in believing, and not to be tired of fighting when we’re confronted by ostensibly never-ending hardships, that we sometimes wonder if God still sees us and cares for us. Because if He does, why would He allow us to suffer too much?
            I think it is safe to say that I have had my “fair” share of trials, with pains and tears plaguing my every battle. And I’d be honest in saying that there were moments when I thought of giving up, to just let myself be drowned in fear, despondency, and frustration. But despite this, I have always felt His loving guidance, and have always known in my heart that He’s been there all along, watching me closely. It was just me who failed to acknowledge the strength He has provided me with.
            Now that I'm going through another storm, although it may seem ironic, I can feel that He has let this be my "rest," which I do have to move on from after. I know, whatever headwinds I have yet to conquer, He will always find a way to show me that He will always be there. I just have to have greater faith in Him. photo amen.gif 

0 comments:

CHECK OUT MY OTHER BLOG